Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Happy New Year......yeah I'm late but here is an update

The last time I posted I started my LUN migration to our new space. I thought it would take about a week two tops to migrate 3.14TB to a standard LUN twice the size. Well it took 2 MONTHs. I started mid Nov and it end mid Jan.

For those who have experienced this before will say it depends on what my priority rate was and would probably bet my priority was on the lowest setting. NOPE! I had it on ASAP for a bit and it freaked the user base out. They all complained about slow connectivity to the file server. So I dropped it down to medium and that's were it sat for the better part of 2 months. I went on vacation and everything (had a blast by the way at www.rayonhotels.com).

So after that was done I expanded the partition in windows 2003 by using diskpart and whalah instant space.

No comments: