Thursday, June 19, 2008

Checking in......

I've been quite busy since I last posted here is what I've been up to;

My office is moving in phase so I've been attending weekly meetings to make sure everything from the IT standpoint goes according to plan.

The phase one move will be about half the office moving to a new space fifteen blocks away. All the IT recourses will stay here until phase two. In the meantime I am connecting both offices via Verizon Metro-fiber (1 gig).

We are also rolling out a firm wide MPLS WAN solution to connect offices in New York, London, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore. I've been doing a lot of coordinating with Verizon via phone, email and meeting to make sure this is a solid solution. We originally contracted Savvis for this project so they could set us up with their MPLS solution but they could not deliver and we were forced to cancel and go with Verizon.

I'm also in the process of upgrading our EMC CX300 to a CX3-20. The CX3-20 will allow us to utilize 120 disks vs the CX300 maxing out at 60 disks. Plus all the other bells a whistles that the CX3-20 has to offer.

We are also upgrading our Cisco call manger and unity VoIP system to 6.1 (I think) it's the linux version.

I think thats it for now. I'm sure I've missed some things. My brain is rattled these days with so much going on both at work and home. I need a vacation BADLY!

No comments: