Friday, March 23, 2007

Exchange Clustering Day 4

We've tested mailbox moves and all works well a very small mailbox. I am in the process of moving my mailbox (700mb. I estimate it will take 40 minutes to move b/c I'm doing this in the middle of the day and the server is busy.

One thing I have to keep in mind is that the current production Exchnage server is the only server that can send emails through the firewall. Also it's the only server that can send emails to Messagelabs. So what I will have to do is change the firewall object to point to the clusters internal virtual IP. This should allow the cluster to send and recieve emails without sending on behalf of the current exchange server like it is doing now for testing.

I am also testing our blackberry functionality with the mailbox move to a new cluster as well.

No comments: