Friday, July 28, 2006

Fiber cables and IPT stuff

I'm using three types of connections in my network. SC/SC, LC/SC, SC/SC.

SC/SC
LC/LC
The SC/SC cables go from the fiber panel to the core switch. They connect to one of the ports on the gig module on the 4506. This would be your backbone cable in the data center (depending on setup).

LC/SC
LC/SC
The LC/SC cable is from the fiber patch panel to an access switch. Or from a core switch to an access switch or from an old access witch to a newer model 3500xl to 3560 for example.

LC/LC
LC/LC
The LC/LC cables connect two access switch's together via the gig ports (depending on setup).


Here is my fiber panel in my data center. These go up to all my floors.
central fiber patch in data center
Each floor as six pair or 12 strands. Whoever installed this before my time did an excellent job with leaving room for growth. If we have to pull new fiber it would have cost us tens-of-thousands of dollars.

Fiber patch panel 3
A fiber panel on my 15th floor. We are only using two pair. (one is unplugged)

Fiber patch panel 2
(someone forgot to dust)

PBX and Cisco
lower lart of PBX

Cisco on the cart next to PBX
mobile VoIP on a rack
Call manager on top
3560 switch below
2811 gateway router
2851 gateway router

Red cable is the T1
The red cable represents the T1 link. This is the line that will connect the old PBX to the new Cisco system.

new rack for VoIP stuff
This rack will house the CM the Unity connect server the gateway along with a few UPS'. We will also get another CM in a few months when we get more phones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the site, and I hate to be a stickler for things, but you do have your cable markings wrong. The first picture is LC/LC, and the last picture is SC/SC. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Of the fiber cables that is...

Anonymous said...

Hey your right I linked the pic in the wrong places. I'll change them now.

Anonymous said...

Hey, was just googling around a stumbled across this site. Pretty sweet equipment, I'd love to have access to all that. Right now I'm a VoIP analyst at my company who plays around with the Cisco CCM/Unity and IP phones right now in my spare time.

Anyways, just thought I'd stop by and share that. Keep up the good work :D.